So with only a few weeks to go until we are allowed out of “lockdown” with the horses we can all start to get a little bit excited! As soon as the 29th hits I have sessions with Chris Bartle and Susie Gibson booked in to get the horses primed for a start to the season in the middle of April!
Unfortunately my plan of going to Bramham with Candy hasn’t worked out due to them cancelling the event….so plan B is to aim for a 4star in July/ August and finish the year off at Blenheim! (Hopefully that will run!)
Popeye will aim for a 2 star mid season and will then decide if he’s ready to move up a level, Snip and Nomore will aim for a 2 star by the end of the year hopefully. Callie will make his Eventing debut in May / June and Heidi will aim to do a few of the 4year old Nexgen and BYEH classes if they run this year…. despite the uncertainty over events running or not we still have lots to look forward to and work towards!
I can’t wait to get back out Eventing and it’s a bonus being able to wear fab xc kit from GG-Gear while doing so!!!
Now you can spread the cost of your GGGear purchases with PayPal credit.
Get 4 months to pay on baskets of £99+ Interest Free
How it Works:
1. Add to Basket – Add the items you wish to purchase to your basket.
2. Checkout with PayPal –
Checkout with Paypal and pay with your PayPal account
(or create one with just an email and password) and select the PayPal Credit option.
3. Apply for PayPal Credit –
Get an instant decision and, if approved, complete your purchase immediately.
For more detail watch the video and follow the following link:
Watch the PayPal video here:
No horse wardrobe is complete without a good cooler rug or two. We put the LeMieux Thermo Cool rug to the test and loved the classic look combined with modern features which made it versatile, practical and stylish.
Here are our favourite features, and eight reasons why you need this rug in your life…
1. DRYING – Use it for drying off after exercise or washing down – its excellent wicking properties help to absorb moisture and draw it away from the horse
2. COOLING – Use it to help cool down at competitions. The unique Carbon nano fibre inner lining with a soft close-weave mesh, covering the shoulders, back and quarters is key for maintaining muscle temperature whilst cooling down. That means it’s ideal for use between classes, so when you hop on again your horse should have regulated his temperature but his muscles should have remained pliable and stretchy ready to start work.
3. COMFORT – Use it if your horse is prone to rug rubs. As the owner of Thoroughbreds and ISH who often get friction rubs, this rug is a total winner. It’s silky panels over the shoulders and super soft wither pads are a brilliant design feature which won’t pull and cause hair loss and sore patches.
4. PROTECTION – Use it when travelling as a protective layer. It will help prevent rubs and bumps during transit, whilst regulating your horse’s temperature. It’ll keep him comfortable but also wick away moisture if he happens to get sweaty.
5. STYLE – Use it to look the part. A soft wool and acrylic blend outer fabric in 4 different colours it is a seriously smart rug and you WILL be asked where you got your rug from – GGGear!
6. FIT – Use it to get the right fit. The rug comes up really true to size, and has plenty of scope for tweaking from the cross surcingles and trigger clip chest fastenings with buckle adjusters. The Thermo-Cool has fully removable belly straps.
7. COLOUR COORDINATION – Use it to get your matchy-matchy on. It comes in four different colours; Benetton blue, burgundy, navy and black. GGGear can embroider logos or names in lots of fonts and colours.
8. ADDICTION – Use it to indulge your unhealthy rug addiction. You can never have too many rugs – fact.
Monday – 23/03/20
Whilst the whole country is under huge pressure with the Coronavirus outbreak, here at GGGear are trying to keep things as normal as possible. As a small family business we are still open for online orders at www.GGGear.co.uk
Online orders continue to be processed and despatched as normal.
To support the social distancing policy we would encourage our customers to use the website and use the delivery option contact.
Phone Orders & Customer Service
The call centre is operating normally.
Courier collections are operating normally.
Courier deliveries in UK and Ireland are all operating normally.
Courier deliveries in EU may experience some delays due to border crossings being reinstated.
Deliveries to certain postcodes in Italy, Czech Republic and Bulgaria are restricted.
Royal Mail has suspended the pre 1pm delivery guarantee with Special Delivery
We hope to be developing some new products to make staying at home a bit more comfortable for our customers.
We urge everyone to listen to the Government advice so we can get through this together.
Welcome to the first of many blog posts from the GGGear team.
We plan on posting as often as we can to give you an insight into the products we offer, details of new products and progress of our supported riders.
We’ll be posting relevant information about upcoming events and important dates in the calendar so watch this space!